Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I ))<>(( Miranda July


THIS BOOK IS CHANGING ME LIFE!
so we all saw Me and You and Everyone We Know, and went "back and forth" for a while, she stayed in the NY art scene with her performance/installation pieces, and then she re-appeared in the New Yorker in this year's summer fiction issue with "Roy Spivey" which had me sprint to buy this book. It's got me in tears from heartbreak in stories like "The Man on the Stairs" (about a woman lost in her wants and fears) as well as laughter with "The Swim Team" (with has a woman giving swimming lessons in her living room with old people dipping their heads in bowls of water, paddling across the room). Installation artist, performance artist, filmmaker, and now sick-ass writer - Miranda is my heroine, in fact, she's inspired me to do a massive installation piece showing soon in San Antonio. Point is - buy this book, it'll change your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home